The Ueshiba Juku designation is awarded by Mitsugi Saotome Shihan to selected senior students and instructors in recognition of their loyalty and dedication to building ASU and promoting O Sensei’s vision. It declares that they are not only true deshi (direct disciple) of Saotome Sensei and inheritors of his teachings, but are also part of O Sensei’s own school and pure lineage as only a true Uchi Deshi of O Sensei can recognize. The status is indicated by special kanji worn on the formal Dogi of the authorized individual, and is an honor independent of specific rank or Shihan status.
Official ASU Board Communications
General ASU News
- January 2, 2019 @ 8:30 am - January 6, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
- January 25, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - January 27, 2019 @ 3:30 pm
- February 15, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - February 17, 2019 @ 8:00 pm
- February 15, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - February 17, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
- February 22, 2019 - February 24, 2019
- February 23, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - February 25, 2019 @ 6:30 pm
Aikido Schools of Ueshiba shared Aikido Journal's post.
11 hours ago
The Role of Ukemi in Aikido: George Ledyard
💥Read now: bit.ly/2Gpy6Mf
"In a martial art, you are supposed to be able to apply your skills against someone who isn’t cooperating with whatever the technique is that you’re doing. Any ukemi the enemy or the opponent takes in a real situation is not voluntary. They would like to counter you. If you are serious about doing aikido as a martial art, then you have to really trust that your partners are not just automatically falling down or tanking." - George Ledyard ... See MoreSee Less