Aikidoka of all affiliations are welcome to attend the third ASU Western Fall Camp. Featured instructors are Mitsugi Saotome Shihan, John Messores, Wendy Whited, George Ledyard, Dan Messisco and Chetan Prakash. Our stellar guest instructors currently include Mark Adachi, Lee Crawford, Robert Deppe, Josh Drachman, Dave Goldberg, Tom Haines; Luis Escamilla, Kay Sandacz, Detlef Dekker (from Ireland) and Nelson Derriba (from Uruguay).
Training features of Fall camp:
- A memorable experience, with a depth and breadth of training at every level of Aikido
- Saotome Sensei will teach a general class each day
- Saotome Sensei will teach three private afternoon classes, each for 15 students only. Details on applying for this class coming soon!
- 15 high-ranking instructors in all
- Instruction targeted to all levels, basic to advanced
- A full roster of weapons instruction (including basic weapons suburi for beginners in weapons’ training)
- Instruction on teaching Aikido
- Students will have choices to pick instruction they most need in three training concurrent areas, with opportunities to revisit the same material
- Opportunities to widen one’s knowledge in cross-training with other arts, such as Katori Shinto Ryu and Iyengar Yoga
- Tameshigiri (sword cutting practice) for those with basic weapons skills
- Two evening parties and an ASU Town Hall
Practical features of Fall camp:
- One of the most affordable camps: registration fees, and good quality meals and accommodations at local hotels are all very reasonable
- Local airports are small and efficient to get through
- Students can stay at the Dojo for $15/night
Registration is up – take advantage of the early-bird registration fees (until September 15) of $280!