Bond Street Dojo (New York Aikido Society) is located in East Harlem, New York. We are traditional Aikido dojo dedicated to providing a safe, respectful and sincere environment to study, practice and disseminate the principles of Aikido. We engage in training throughout the year; with morning, evening, weekend classes and special seminars. We are affiliated with the Aikido Schools of Ueshiba, although Aikido students of all styles, affiliations and abilities are welcome to join us on the mat. Students from abroad are encouraged to visit and train at any time.
Bond Street Dojo
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR Richard Webb (3rd Dan) | SENIOR INSTRUCTORS Chris Jordan (6th Dan). Chris Sensei joined Bond Street Dojo shortly after its founding and has served the dojo as a leader for many years. | Chris Griffin (5th Dan) | Tom Gardner (5th Dan) | Marc Sergilus (4th Dan) | Additional INSTRUCTORS include Soon-Lye Lim (3rd Dan), Kevin Cunningham (2nd Dan), Alexander Schlutz (2nd Dan), Jon Di Luca (2nd Dan), and Kyle Ancowitz (Shodan).
Bond Street Dojo was founded in 1973 by Terry Dobson and Ken Nisson, and originally located at 49 Bond Street. Since 2018, the dojo has made its home in the East Harlem community. After Terry and Ken’s departure in 1980, the dojo was established under Chris Jordan and Paul Kang, both of whom joined Bond Street as students of Terry Sensei and Ken Sensei in the 1970s. Today, Richard Webb leads us as our Chief Instructor and Chris Jordan Sensei continues as one of our senior instructors. Bond Street Dojo (incorporated as New York Aikido Society) is a not-for-profit organization established as a place for learning and practice of the martial art of aikido. We are governed by a board of directors elected from and by the membership.
The nearest Subway stops include the (6) train at 103rd Street (5minute walk) and 110th Street (6m walk). The is also a Q train subway stop at 96th Street (14m walk). | VISITOR INFORMATION: If you are visiting the Bond Street Dojo, or our East Harlem location for the first time, please visit our website or contact us with any questions. We also have a visitor guide is available on our website. You can also find us on Facebook or Instagram (@BondStreetDojo).
- FREE INTRO WORKSHOP “Aikido 101” - Weekly introductory class Saturdays 12:30 - 1:30 pm
- AIKIDO CLASSES please see our full schedule
- NEW MEMBER SPECIAL - We offer an introductory rate of $150 for the first two months of training
- IAIDO (Japanese Sword): The dojo hosts an Iaido study group (Muso Shinden Ryu & Katori Shinto Ryu). Iaido is a separate martial art that complements our Aikido by reinforcing fundamentals and enhancing aiki weapons practice
- JUIJITSU: Our dojo is also affiliated with a partner Japanese Juijitsu Dojo (Eizan Ryu Jiujitsu)
- YOGA: The dojo also partners with a Yoga teacher who hosts classes on weekends incorporating various yoga practices
- FEES AND DUES
- General Dues - $150/month
- General Dues (Auto-pay)- $135/month
- Full-time Adult students (4-year program) - $100/month
- 3 Months, Prepaid - $405 ($135/month)
- 1 Year, Prepaid - $1440 ($120/month)
- VISITOR MAT FEES
- One Day $20
- One Week $50
- One Month $150
- Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising Seminar At Bond St Dojo May 24-26th (05/24/2019)
- Melissa Bell Sensei- Seminar (Feb 8-10th) (02/08/2019)
- Ikeda Sensei -- Fall Seminar at Bond Street Dojo, New York City (09/21/2018)
- Saotome Sensei -- Bond Street Dojo, New York City (06/01/2018)
- Sensei Robert Deppe -- Bond Street Dojo, New York City (05/11/2018)
- Kagami Biraki with Tres Hofmeister Sensei at The Bond Street Dojo (01/08/2016)