Aikido Northshore was founded in 1995 in Kirkland, WA by Lee Crawford Sensei and serves the Greater Eastside area. The dojo training philosophy is that all people, men and women, young and old who are looking for a non-violent martial art, can participate and develop themselves. At Aikido Northshore students range in age from 4-76 years. O’Sensei created Aikido as a martial way for students to develop a strong body and a calm mind. The natural reaction becomes defense rather than offense, protection rather than destruction. The dojo atmosphere is one of openness and generosity dedicated to hard work and success of all students.
Lee Crawford Sensei, 6th Dan, is Chief Instructor at Aikido Northshore. Crawford Sensei began her aikido training in 1980 under the direction of Akira Tohei Shihan at the University of Wisconsin Aikido Club. After relocating to Seattle in 1988, she became the Assistant Chief Instructor for George Ledyard Sensei at Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA. In 1995 Crawford Sensei opened Aikido Northshore in Kirkland, WA. Crawford Sensei has trained extensively under the direct instruction of Mitsugi Saotome Shihan and Hiroshi Ikeda Shihan. She also includes Kevin Choate Sensei and Patty Saotome Sensei as having strong influences on her aikido. In 2014 Crawford Sensei was awarded the Ueshiba Juku designation by Saotome Shihan. This honor identifies those who are in a direct line of succession from O'Sensei through Saotome Shihan.
Aikido Northshore was founded in 1995 in Kirkland, WA by Lee Crawford Sensei and serves the Greater Eastside area. The dojo has remained in it's current location for 24 years.
Adult classes: MWF 9 - 10:30am, 6:30 - 7:45pm Tues 12-1pm Thur 6:30 - 7:45pm Youth classes: Held Monday through Thursday 4:20-5:10pm 9- 15 years old 5:20-6:10pm 4-8 years old
Aikido Northshore has students ranging from 4 over 75 years old. he dojo training philosophy is that all people, men and women, young and old who are looking for a non-violent martial art, can participate and develop themselves. Aikido is unique among martial arts as it teaches children how to avoid fighting. Aikido helps children learn to deal with difficult situations in a non-violent, non-confrontational manner. They are taught not to become fearful or aggressive when encountering conflict, but to deliberately redirect a potentially negative interaction. This process helps children build good social and communication skills.
NEW STUDENT SPECIAL Two classes for $19.95, includes uniform.
- Wendy Whited, 7th Dan at Aikido Northshore (09/18/2020)
- Hiroshi Ikeda Shihan at Aikido Northshore - 25 year Anniversary Seminar (03/13/2020)
- Seattle Aikido Bridge, Sept 12 -15, 2019 (09/12/2019)
- Wendy Whited Sensei, 7th Dan and Kay Sandacz Sensei, 5th Dan at Aikido Northshore (02/23/2019)
- Hiroshi Ikeda Shihan at Aikido Northshore (06/08/2018)
- Wendy Whited, 7th Dan, at Aikido Northshore (02/23/2018)
- 2017 Seattle Aikido Bridge Seminar (09/14/2017)
- Wendy Whited Sensei, 7th Dan at Aikido Northshore (05/19/2017)
- Hiroshi Ikeda Shihan, at Aikido Northshore (09/16/2016)
- Tatsunori Imamura Sensei, 7th Dan at Aikido Northshore (06/10/2016)