What is now called "12th Street Dojo" is the FIRST Aikido dojo established in the United states by Mitsugi Saotome Shihan in 1975. The fundamental mission of 12th Street Dojo is to cultivate an environment in which students can learn the principles and foundations of the martial art Aikido, while fostering a harmonious spirit within themselves and others. To create a community based on mutual respect and a desire to grow as individuals.
12th Street Dojo
Peewee Jones (6th dan), Melissa Bell (5th dan)
Address2105 12th Street
Sarasota, FL 34237
- ASU Winter Intensive 2019 (01/02/2019)
- Bond Street Dojo - Seminar with Melissa Bell Sensei (04/06/2018)
- ASU Winter Intensive 2018 (01/03/2018)
- ASU Fall Seminar at Shindai (11/17/2017)
- ASU Florida Regional Testing Seminar (08/12/2017)
- ASU Florida Regional Testing Seminar (08/20/2016)
Recent Seminars Organized by 12th Street Dojo
Official ASU Board Communications
General ASU News
- January 22 @ 6:00 pm - January 24 @ 9:00 pm
- January 25 @ 7:00 pm - January 27 @ 3:30 pm
- February 1 - February 3
- February 8 - February 10
- February 15 - February 17
- February 15 @ 6:00 pm - February 17 @ 8:00 pm
Aikido Schools of Ueshiba shared Annual ASU Winter Intensive's photo.
2 weeks ago
The women of 2019 Winter Intensive ... See MoreSee Less
It was great to have so many powerful women on the mat who trained with such enthusiasm.
Of course that is Wendy Sensei in the middle, lol.
What a great representation!