The theme of this seminar will be “Internal principles applied to empty-hand techniques and weapons”.
- This event has passed.
Josh Drachman Sensei at Abundant Peace Dojo
February 23 - February 25
- February 23
- February 25
- Abundant Peace Dojo
Official ASU Board Communications
General ASU News
- May 18 - May 20
- May 25 @ 8:00 am - May 28 @ 5:00 pm
- May 25 @ 6:00 pm - May 27 @ 1:00 pm
- May 28 - June 1
- June 1 - June 3
- June 1 @ 6:30 pm - June 3 @ 12:30 pm
1 week ago
From George Ledyard -
I have gone live with what I am calling a Remote Instructor Mentoring Program.
I am going to use video technology to provide individualized guidance to interested instructors who might otherwise not have access to a senior teacher with any frequency. If you are a Dojo-cho or teach class on a regular basis, this program is targeted at you. You do not have to be an ASU member but since I am a student of Saotome Sensei my instruction will certainly reflect that.
I am running this through the Patreon Platform. Here is what a subscriber to the program will get:
1) A private folder (on Citrix Sharefile) to which you can upload 15 minutes of video per week (one hour per month) for me to review and provide feedback; I will provide a verbal response and when needed upload my own video response.
2) Unlimited (within common sense) ability to use email and private messaging to have conversations with me about Aikido training. When we have a group going, we may use Google Hangouts or some such program for group discussions.
3) If I teach a seminar at your dojo, I will do a private lesson for you and a few students of your choice apart from the seminar proper at no extra charge
4) I will partner with you for at least one class at any camps or multi-day events I attend when another teacher is instructing
5) You get access to all writings, video, and podcasts I post on Patreon plus there will be written materials that will only be accessible to the Remote Instructor Mentoring subscribers
What do you have to do? Just sign up for the program on Patreon. I will immediately set up your private folder on Sharefile and you’ll be ready to start uploading your material for me to look at.
Anyone with questions may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a limit of ten participants to start with so if you are interested, sign up right away. The cost is $50 / month. You can sign up at www.patreon.com/gsledyard ... See MoreSee Less