Report From November Board Meeting 1.The ASU now has policy for foreign dojo to join the ASU. Currently, there are three dojo interested. 2. Chetan Prakash has been named the Liaison between the Board and foreign dojo wishing to join the ASU. 3.The Board is exploring various ideas to improve weapons skills throughout the organization. 4. The report from Winter Camp is […]
Author Archive for: wendy
You are here: Home / Wendy Whited
About Wendy Whited
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Wendy Whited contributed a whooping 6 entries.
Entries by Wendy Whited
July 4, 2017 Washington, DC Shobukan Dojo I. The meeting was called to order by President Messores at 5:30 p.m. II. The members of the Board were introduced to the membership. III. A report was made to the membership on the activities of the Board over the past six months since January 1, 2017. […]
1. ASU testing fees and annual dues will be $25 for college sudents training in any ASU club as of June 2017. 2. The Board is working on policy for admitting foreign dojo into the ASU. 3. The Board is going to purchase 180 new mats to be used for Winter Camp. 4. The Winter […]
The Board is working on the new policy for promotions which will contain seminar requirements. During this process, the Board, with input from all of the ASU committees, developed the follow list of reason people should go to seminars: A. Improve technical skills by practicing with different senior students, either as training partners or under the direction of […]
The Board is currently working on the following projects: A “mudansha” passport that non-black belts could use to record their seminars. These would be on sale at various seminars and are not mandatory. A scholarship fund that will be used to help students get to camps and various seminars in the ASU. The policy on seminar/camp requirements is […]
Summer Camp Town Hall Meeting July 4, 2016 – Washington, D.C. The first Town Hall meeting with the new ASU Board of Directors started with President John Messores introducing the Board members, and then giving a run down on the tasks accomplished by the Board since its inception last year (2015). The ASU is now […]
Official ASU Board Communications
General ASU News
- May 25 @ 8:00 am - May 28 @ 5:00 pm
- May 25 @ 6:00 pm - May 27 @ 1:00 pm
- May 28 - June 1
- June 1 - June 3
- June 1 @ 6:30 pm - June 3 @ 12:30 pm
- June 8 @ 6:30 pm - June 10 @ 12:00 pm
1 week ago
From George Ledyard -
I have gone live with what I am calling a Remote Instructor Mentoring Program.
I am going to use video technology to provide individualized guidance to interested instructors who might otherwise not have access to a senior teacher with any frequency. If you are a Dojo-cho or teach class on a regular basis, this program is targeted at you. You do not have to be an ASU member but since I am a student of Saotome Sensei my instruction will certainly reflect that.
I am running this through the Patreon Platform. Here is what a subscriber to the program will get:
1) A private folder (on Citrix Sharefile) to which you can upload 15 minutes of video per week (one hour per month) for me to review and provide feedback; I will provide a verbal response and when needed upload my own video response.
2) Unlimited (within common sense) ability to use email and private messaging to have conversations with me about Aikido training. When we have a group going, we may use Google Hangouts or some such program for group discussions.
3) If I teach a seminar at your dojo, I will do a private lesson for you and a few students of your choice apart from the seminar proper at no extra charge
4) I will partner with you for at least one class at any camps or multi-day events I attend when another teacher is instructing
5) You get access to all writings, video, and podcasts I post on Patreon plus there will be written materials that will only be accessible to the Remote Instructor Mentoring subscribers
What do you have to do? Just sign up for the program on Patreon. I will immediately set up your private folder on Sharefile and you’ll be ready to start uploading your material for me to look at.
Anyone with questions may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a limit of ten participants to start with so if you are interested, sign up right away. The cost is $50 / month. You can sign up at www.patreon.com/gsledyard ... See MoreSee Less